Monday, August 1, 2011

Blame it on the 'rents

Some would say we are attached at the hip. Some think he is my go-to handiman of anything that needs fixing, including life. They know everything about me (mostly), and are the people I "go home" to. But ya girl is not afraid to throw them under the bus when it comes to my personal quirks.

The following is a list of things that I will always blame on my parents:

1. I will never be able to buy anything but Quilted Northern toilet paper and Bounty paper towels.

2. I will never know how to fix anything on my car, in my home, or on my computer.

3. I will say "thank you" way too many times to any waitress, waiter, drive-thru attendant, or any other person in the food business.

4. I will opt for fast food over me cooking a meal any day or night.

5. I will never be able to eat a meal at my own kitchen table. Instead I will head straight to the nearest comfy chair or couch.

6. I will always think/talk way too much about food.

7. I will always worry about what other people are thinking about me.

8. I will never be able to speak publicly without wanting to hurl.

9. I will never get attached to any animal other than horses. (If only you knew how many dogs, cats and fish we have gone through.)

10. I will always check my teeth in the mirror and put on lipstick after every meal. (Okay, okay. I'm strictly blaming this on one parent... Dad.)

11. I will always think I'm funnier than I really am.

12. I will always mumble.

13. I will never be called by the correct last name. Come on, people. It is not that hard to pronounce!

Maybe I should stop these. The list could go on and on, and I have a feeling that you are already bored. But on a final note:

14. I will never be able to do anything without putting 100% of my heart into it, including my relationship with God, friends, work, and life in general.

Love ya Big Dave and Nance!

No comments:

Post a Comment