Saturday, April 9, 2011

double talk

Confession: I had to do a little Googling before I really knew the correct term for what I was trying to say.  Maybe it's because I'm so mad I can hardly see straight. The latest fad to be sweeping across the nation seems to be someone saying one thing and then meaning/doing another... and it's a load of crap.

I just received a message from a friend who was 100% hurt (and many other things, but they aren't Internet appropriate).  Long story short, she was completely led on and lied to by her ex of a serious, long-term relationship.  Why couldn't he just tell her the truth? Why couldn't he just be a man and do the right thing? Beats the heck out of me!!

This also happened to me recently.  My case wasn't as severe as the previous example, but it still hurt. A lot. It's sad how hurtful some people can be and it not affect them in the least. Is this pure evil that they possess? Do they just not have a heart? Or, in my case, did he just not care about me in the first place?

Answers to these questions we may never have. And honestly, I don't know if I want 'em. The only peace I got out of the situation was knowing that He was looking out for me. He knew I didn't need to be in my situation any more and knew I wasn't strong enough to get out of it.

So to my beautiful, smart, hilarious, wonderful, to-good-for-him friend, I love you and I'm here for you forever and always. And always available to kick his... tail!

~Haley

P.S. I still don't know if double talk is the right word(s)...

1 comment: