Wednesday, December 22, 2010

miracles in small packages

This week, even though it's only Wednesday, has been an eye-opener for me.  I experienced probably THE coolest thing. Ever!  One of my close friends had a bit of a scare this past Monday.  Her precious baby boy decided to make his appearance in the world six weeks early.  But he is here and he is PERFECT. Absolutely perfect. I held him for the first time last night as I pretended to be a family member and pestered them at the hospital for most of the night.  I can't explain that feeling of holding him.  It's just happiness. 

I've never really given a thought giving birth.  I mean, it's something that will happen yeeeeeears from now for me, and I guessed I'd just cross that bridge when I came to it. But this was one of the most emotional and spiritual things I've ever witnessed.

~ Just FYI, I wasn't present for the actual birth, but I was there when they said he was coming... now! I literally ran out of the room.  The family made fun of me for that later. ~

Anyways, as I walked out of the hospital that night after almost losing it in front of Mama Ashley, all I could do was look up at the dark sky and thank God for his awesomeness as tears streamed down my face.

God is good. And he really does create miracles

Welcome Baby Bodi! You have the most awesome parents in the world and have an amazing life ahead of you, kiddo.

love~
self-proclaimed Aunt Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment